Our team has designed an exceptional 5 day walking tour, which will take you from the coastline to the heart of the island. Discover spectacular and ever-changing landscapes, meet welcoming locals and get a taste for the local "cucina corsa".
Your day by day program
After you arrive in Bastia in the afternoon, you will be able to settle into your hotel and explore Bastia’s old port and citadel.
Dinner at your own expense. Night in Bastia, in a 3 star hotel.
Train transfer to Vizzavona in the morning.
Today’s walk will take you to the heart of the forest of Vizzavona and will enable you to discover this superb state-owned forest, which provides a habitat for a great variety of plants and animals. You will also cross streams and get stunning panoramic views over the sea and Corsica’s majestic mountains. Finally, you will return to Vizzavona.
Night and dinner in Vizzavona.
Height gain: +580m.
Height loss: -580m.
After a short taxi journey, you will start hiking from Venaco and walk away from this enchanting little village in order to reach a path that will take you from one forest to another and to magnificent secret landscapes, hidden behind leafy tree branches.
Dinner and night in Santo Pietro di Venaco.
Height gain: +975m.
Height loss: -951m.
Starting your walk from the village, you will take a path, amidst maquis shrublands, which goes all the way up to Corte. Goat farming abounds in this region and should lead you to some nice encounters! Your walk will then take you to the beginning of the Restonica Gorge and to Corte, which is easily recognisable with its citadel perched high on the summit of a promontory rock.
Dinner and night in Corte.
After breakfast, you will get a transfer to Bastia. Your trip ends once you arrive at the train station in Bastia.
From the beginning of May to the end of September.
- Your hotel in Bastia.
- Bastia train station.
- In comfortable hotels (double or twin bedrooms).
- From 2.
- You will need to be in good physical condition. Walking: from 4 to 6 hours a day on marked paths.
- Luggage transfers by vehicle. You only need to take your day bags with you (for picnics, water, cameras etc.).
- 4 breakfasts, 3 dinners, nights in double bedrooms, local assistance, information package with maps and route notes, luggage transfers.
- Transport options to the meeting point and from the point of dispersal, transfers which are not included in the tour, personal travel insurance, beverages and meals on day 1, picnic lunches, visits of tourist sites, personal expenses.