This tour is an adapted version of the Mare e Monti North, one of Corsica's most famous walking routes.
Our team has chosen beautiful coastal walks and comfortable accommodation to give you the best possible holiday. While you hike through forests and maquis shrublands, you will have several opportunities to swim in the crystal-clear waters of the island’s natural pools. With this Mare e Monti trip, you will have all the right ingredients for an unforgettable holiday!
Remember to take sleeping bags with you for the nights in shared bedrooms.
Your day by day program
Your trip will begin in Galeria, a village accessible by bus or taxi from Calvi. Please contact us for fares and timetables.
Today’s stage will take you past the Scandola Natural Reserve, a site which has been inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List. The beautiful coves, turquoise waters and the differently shaped rock formations will offer you truly unique landscapes. The enchanting little village of Girolata is only accessible on foot or by boat, and is a heavenly place for hikers, once the boats leave for the day. You will be able to go for a swim in majestic coves and enjoy eating freshly caught fish for dinner, in a restaurant next to the beach.
Walking: 5 hours.
Height gain: +900m.
Height loss: -900m.
As you walk along a coastline path called the ‘sentier du Facteur Guy’, the path will offer you great panoramic views. You will finally arrive in Curzu, where you will spend the night in a simple gite.
Height gain: +1300m.
Height loss: -1200m.
An alternative and easier walk is also available for this particular stage. Duration: approximately 5 hours.
Your journey will take you to the turquoise waters of the Gulf of Porto. You will cross a river and discover the now desolate village of Pinetu. You will also be able to discover the beach of Bussaglia, which has often been described as the most beautiful beach in the Gulf of Porto. Finally, you will end today’s walk by stopping in Porto's famous port for the night.
Dinner at your own expense. Night in a hotel.
Height gain: +565m.
Height loss: -878m.
Today, you will walk through the majestic Calanches de Piana, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. During your hike, you will be able to enjoy stunning panoramic views, either taking a trail through the woods or the road through the Calanches. You will the path will then climb a path on the hilltops of the Calanches and reach Piana, one of the most beautiful villages in France.
Dinner at your own expense. Night in Piana.
Height gain: +1088m.
Height loss: -658m.
Your trip ends after breakfast. Possible transfer to Calvi, Porto or Ajaccio.
Every day from mid-April to the end of September.
- In gîtes (shared bedrooms) and 3 in hotels - Double rooms.
- From 2.
- You will need to be in good physical condition and used to walking. Walking: from 3h30 to 6h00 a day.
- Luggage transfers by vehicle except for your night in Girolata, where you will need to take your luggage with you. On other days though, you will only need to take your day bags with you (for picnics, water, cameras etc.).
- Supplement for 2 nights in double or twin bedrooms : 45€
- 2 evening meals , breakfasts, 2 nights in gîtes (shared bedrooms) and 3 in hotels (Porto and Piana), luggage transfers (except in Girolata), route notes and maps on our app (a smartphone is required), local assistance.
- Transport options to the meeting point and from the point of dispersal, transfers which are not included in the tour, personal travel insurance, luggage transfers in Girolata, beverages, visits of tourist sites, optional activities which are not included in the tour, personal expenses.